My Top Picks
- Best Overall - Presto 05420 FryDaddy Electric Small Deep Fryer
- Best Budget - T-fal FF492D Stainless Steel Mini Deep Fryer
- Best Performance - T-fal FF230850 Cool-Touch Mini Deep-Fryer
- Best Professional - Hamilton Beach Cool-Touch Small Deep Fryer
- Best Easy To Use - Proctor Silex (35041) Small Deep Fryer
- Best Compact - Presto 05470 Stainless Steel Electric Mini Deep Fryer
- Best Large Capacity - Cuisinart CDF-130 Small Deep Fryer
This is my ultimate review of the 7 best small deep fryers.
In my article, you’ll discover:
- The list of the top compact deep fryer for small jobs. Especially if you’re short on space, these mini deep fryers will be the perfect addition to your kitchen.
- A handy buying guide so that you know exactly what you’re buying.
In short: if you need a mini deep fryer to take care of all your fried chicken and doughnut cravings, then you’ll like my article.
Let’s get to it.
Best overall - Presto 05420 FryDaddy Electric Small Deep Fryer
This cute little Presto 05420 FreyDaddy Electric deep fryer reaches the first place thanks to its effectiveness and impressive food capacity.
Perfect for intimate breakfasts, lunches, and dinners, this small deep fryer is best for people with tight kitchens. With its compact and lightweight design, you’ll easily keep it on your kitchen counter or store away when not needed.
- Despite the size, this expert deep fryer has a capacity of four cups or one liter of oil, enough to cook up to four larger servings of food.
- Moreover, unlike other fryers, there is no basket, which again makes the whole frying operation hassle-free. Instead, the fryer comes with a scoop to help you take the food out.
- There’s a fixed temperature for frying, so you don’t need to bother with digital controls or buttons. Simply plug it in and start frying your favorite foods.
- Running on 1200 watts, the Presto FryDaddy heats up oil quickly, and you can have your meal ready in no time.
And even if reviewers say that the open lid and the oil splatters, as a result, do make things a little messy, there’s no doubt this is an excellent fryer when you’re cooking for a small number of people.
Regardless of some of the flaws, this deep fryer is still a winner. It allows people with tight kitchens to enjoy some deep-fried foods without too much of a hassle.
Best Budget - T-fal FF492D Stainless Steel Mini Deep Fryer
The sleek T-fal FF492D Stainless Steel Mini Deep Fryer will add a much-needed touch of style and functionality in your kitchen for a sweet price.
This affordable deep fryer from the T-fan family is smaller than the previous version. So, if you’re planning to cook poor portions of french fries, this one will better suit your needs. For more convenience, you can place it anywhere in your kitchen with the 36-inch long power cord.
- Unlike other competitor’s models, there is an adjustable thermostat from 300 to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. And to know when the oils is ready, you’ll have the help of two lights: one indicating power and one indicates when the oil is ready to cook in.
- Also, you can close the lid while you’re trying to avoid splatters or to stop any odor from spreading. But don’t worry, this feature won’t bother during the cooking process: there’s a viewing window on top to monitor your food even with the lid closed.
- The two side handles of this wallet-friendly fryer make it safe to touch or carry. And a one-touch design allows you to open the lid quickly. This fryer is pretty impressive for its size.
However, little price can rhyme with poor performance. Indeed, some users regret that this kitchen appliance isn’t more powerful.
Overall, the handy controls and size of this low-cost T-fal FF492D make it ideal for people who need the fryer without the big footprint at a minimal price.
Best Performance - T-fal FF230850 Cool-Touch Mini Deep-Fryer
This powerful T-fal FF230850 Cool-Touch mini Deep-fryer comes with loads of superior features that will make you instantly fall in love with it.
Using 1600 watts, this fryer will have all your nuggets and fries ready in a couple of minutes. The body of the deep fryer is aluminum, along with unique technology that keeps the walls fresh. You can comfortably touch and use this incredibly efficient fryer without fearing any burns. The glossy surface isn’t too bad to look at either.
- Moreover, the fryer is quite convenient as well. There’s a unique mesh that filters the amount of oil to keep it fresh and odor-free longer. A digital control timer will help you keep track of the time.
- A user also tried to fry cookie dough with it and said that the result was just delicious.
- What’s more, the lid, mesh, and frying basket are dishwasher-safe, so that’s one less thing to do for you. However, reviewers say that it’s tough to clean.
In fact, the oil bowl is not removable, it’s complicated to drain the oil and clean up spills afterward. Even besides that, the bowl inside features a non-stick coating that makes cleaning somewhat easier.
For people living alone, this T-fal FF230850 mini deep fryer is a great durable and reliable appliance for whipping up quick meals. The large capacity offers versatility in what you want to cook.
While it may be a little hard to clean, the rest of the process is super easy and convenient.
Best professional - Hamilton Beach Cool-Touch Small Deep Fryer
Chips and fries will taste extra good when they’re cooked in this expert Hamilton Beach Cool-Touch Deep Fryer.
This deep fryer has various features that will help even amateur cooks come up with restaurant-quality food. Inexperienced cooks say that they enjoy the feeling of cooking like a chef. They also say that they used paper towels to absorb oil out of the food. This was however useless since the food comes out completely clean.
- There’s an option for temperature control: you can adjust it between 265 and 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- If you’re not sure what temperature is ideal, there’s even a light on the front to indicate when the oil is ready. With cool touch walls, you don’t have to worry about burning your hands either.
- Most buyers say that this mini deep fryer fries like a professional. Lastly, cleaning the small deep fryer is as easy as pie. There are removable parts that you can take apart and wash separately. It even makes the whole draining process a lot simpler.
It would seem that this compact deep fryer has it all, the tiny size yet big capacity, easy to clean, easy to use, etc. However, some people noticed that the lid doesn’t seal a hundred percent. This can be a little annoying and even cause the oil to spill out sometimes.
Despite one tiny drawback, I’d say this Hamilton Beach deep fryer definitely provides a lot of bang for your buck.
If you’ve got a tight space in your kitchen, this will be just THE proficient fryer you need to enjoy fried food without crowding your kitchen.
Best Easy to use - Proctor Silex (35041) Small Deep Fryer
While it may not be the cheapest deep fryer on this list, the Proctor Silex (35041) Deep Fryer does make every penny worth it because of its ease of use.
Easy to assemble (and to disassemble), this fryer isn’t too big or too little, but just the perfect size. Whether it’s just for you or for a small group of three to four people, this simple deep fryer will be more than enough.
- The power cord is designed to break away in case the fryer tips over to avoid any big accidents.
- Furthermore, along with safe, the fryer is quite convenient, as well. You can hook the basket over the fryer to let the oil drain without you needing to hold it the whole time. The removable parts make cleaning it all up a piece of cake.
- Also if you're a fan of peanut oil, several reviewers mention that this deep fryer fries extremely well with it.
All in all this Proctor Silex deep fryer is a big steal, if nothing else. It’s excellent for people with counter space issues or even for people who don’t need the extra capacity.
It has brilliant performance and convenient features.
Best Compact - Presto 05470 Stainless Steel Electric Mini Deep Fryer
Another compact fryer from Presto, the 05470 Stainless Steel Electric Deep Fryer will hardly be noticeable in your kitchen.
Don’t be fooled by its tiny size. It can still hold up to one liter of oil, which is enough for cooking up some fries or chips for yourself.
- The stainless-steel body not only looks great but is also safe and easy to maintain.
- Moreover, using a thermostat, you can also adjust the temperatures from 225 to 390 degrees Fahrenheit. However, the present light on the front doesn’t tell you when the oil is at the right temperature: it just indicates that the appliance is plugged in.
- Closing the lid while frying can help with any messy splatters or odors.
However, it is not the easiest fryer to clean. The bowl is fixed, so you have to wait until the oil cools down and it’s hard to drain it. Moreover, you can’t wash the inside without getting the outside wet, as well.
When you’re getting some delicious fried food in just a few minutes and without the hassle of a big fryer, I’d say this small Presto 05570 deep fryer is an excellent movable bargain. It might not have a lot of features, but it does the job and does it well.
Best Large Capacity - Cuisinart CDF-130 Small Deep Fryer
With this Cuisinart CDF-130 Deep Fryer, you won’t have the impression to cook in a small appliance due to its large capacity.
It has a maximum capacity of two liters, which is the deep fryer with the largest capacity of my review. This is very convenient because you’ll be able to cook plenty for a little group.
- According to customers, this deep fryer not only looks great with its stainless-steel body but has a fantastic performance too. With two handles on the side and another one on top, the whole fryer is easy to handle and move around comfortably.
- Also, it's a great appliance if you are using a deep fryer at home for the first time. Users appreciate the fact that it takes only a few minutes to read the booklet and apply instructions. So you won’t have to neglect this step.
- Unlike most of its competitors, you have to wash it by hand since it’s not dishwasher safe.
All in all, this small but large deep fryer is a brilliant appliance to have in your kitchen arsenal. However, if you can’t stand those rancid frying smells, you might have some trouble as this fryer tends to leave odor sometimes.
The CDF-130 Deep Fryer is quite amazing, as you’d expect from Cuisinart. It has all the necessary features to whip up some heavenly fried chicken.
Moreover, it also has additional bonus features that make it easy to use and keep.
What To Look For When Buying A Small Deep Fryer
Even within the category of mini deep fryers, there are various sizes with varying capacities. Therefore, you need to consider how much you plan to fry at a time and for how many people. If you’re just looking for a fryer for yourself and single servings, even a one-liter fryer will be enough for you. For a larger group, perhaps a two-liter capacity will be better.
Similarly, you can decide the right size for you according to your needs. Besides that, getting the right size will also help you save up on oil. An unnecessarily large fryer will use up more oil. On the other hand, getting one too small could be annoying as you’ll have to go through many batches for a large amount of food.
Let’s be honest.
No one likes cleaning up a fryer and that too after you’re full of crispy fries and nuggets. That’s why you need a fryer that is convenient and easy to clean once you’re done.
Some fryers have dishwasher-safe parts, which is a big help. Others have removable parts that you can take apart and wash easily. Even a simple non-stick coating can make cleanup quick and easy.
Ease of Use
The whole point of a deep fryer is that it’s easy to use. It should be quick and hassle-free. Therefore, look for mini features like built-in timers and indicator lights to make your job easier. Handles on the side and easy controls can also make a significant difference.
Hot oil is certainly not the safest thing to be around. Unlike air fryers, when you’re looking for deep fryers, adequate safety features are a must. Especially if you’ve children around, you want the surface of the fryer to be safe to touch.
There shouldn’t be splattering outside. The power cord should be magnetic so that it quickly pulls out in case the wire gets snagged.
At the end of the day, everything will depend on the cost of the fryer and your budget. You might have to let go of some features if you’re on a strict budget.
Although, just because you’re on a tight budget doesn’t mean you can’t get a decent fryer. As you must have realized, you can get some excellent fryers for just under $50.
Now It’s Your Turn...
Hopefully, you’ve already found the perfect small deep fryer for you in my list today.
Now let me know:
- Which one of this list is your favorite?
- Have you noticed flaws I have not listed?
Either way, whether it’s because you live alone or have a tiny kitchen, let me know the reasons why you bought this kind of deep fryer.