- Best Overall - Cuisinart CDF-200P1 Deep Fryer
- Best For Budget - Presto GranPappy Electric Deep Fryer (05411)
- Best Professional - Hamilton Beach Cool-Touch Deep Fryer
- Best Large Capacity - Presto Stainless Steel Immersion Element Deep Fryer (05466 )
- Best Easy To Clean - Tfal FR8000 Oil Filtration Deep Dryer
- Best Multi-Basket - Secura 1700-Watt Stainless-Steel Triple Basket Electric Deep Fryer
Looking for the best deep fryers for home use?
In my article, you'll discover the top kitchen appliances to obtain frying food (and you won't have to buy an expensive professional deep fryer).
So if you want to fry your food to get supreme taste for a reasonable price, you'll love my selection.
Best Overall - Cuisinart CDF-200P1 Deep Fryer
This powerful Cuisinart CDF-200PI deep fryer is positioned as the winner thanks to its has large capacity and powerful heating element, making frying food an easy cooking process at a sweet price.
- Made of stainless steel but with a cool-touch handle, this high quality kitchen product is perfect for small pieces of fried foods. If you plan to fry big portions of food, I recommend not using the basket. Just put your food in the fryer and remote with tongs. If you want to deep fry big piece of food (let's say tempura with thick batter), the food will drop to the bottom and stick to the basket.
- With it 4 quart large capacity, this won't be however an issue since you'll be able to cook more than 2 pounds of fried food.
- Besides, when cooking, you won't have unpleasant oil odors because the Cuisinart CDF-200PI cover fits perfectly with the basket. And the filters are doing a great job at filtering the steam.
- Another critical point: if you don't read the included booklet, you'll experience some inconveniences. This booklet explains wonderfully how to assemble this performant deep fryer and give useful advice such as not putting the fryer next to the sink. You get it: if water splashes into it, you'll risk accidents and burns. Not nice.
Finally, it is a small and compact appliance that won't take much place on your kitchen worktop. Even if some users complain about the cord lenght, they are overall satisfied with its effectiveness and quality for its reasonable price.
Best for Budget - Presto GranPappy Electric Deep Fryer (05411)
If you're looking for an efficient deep dryer without breaking the bank, this Presto GranPappy Electric Deep Fryer will seduce you.
- This basic but efficient deep fryer fries perfectly well. Besides, users say that it doesn't need a big amount of oil compared to other models.
- In a word, this device is EASY: easy to store, easy to clean and easy to use. Turn the machine on, let the temperature heat up and fry your food. No more no less.
- It's magnetized cord is an excellent security feature: this one unplugs itself if this economical appliance gets jostled during use.
- However, this cheap cooking deep fryer doesn't let you the choice of the temperature. Heating quickly up to the only one temperature of 400 degrees and without any temperature control, you'll be only able to fry chicken or French fries. On the other hand, if you want to cook food that requires less temperature, please don't use it, it'll be too hot.
All in all, and even if some reviewers report that the container isn't insulating enough, they say that they saved money with this Presto GranPappy little deep fryer.
Best Professional - Hamilton Beach Cool-Touch Deep Fryer
The Hamilton Beach Cool-Touch Deep Fryer produces professional results when it comes to frying food.
Its handy basket, viewing window and adjustable temperature remind many customers of a professional fryer.
Also, if you care about safety, you'll love this expert device:
- Its cool-to-touch feature protects you from burning if you touch its sides accidentally.
- Its removable cord is short on purpose. If you try to move this quality device, the plug on the back will come out since magnets simply hold it. Althought buyers say it's a design flaw, this is an additional safety feature (very convenient if you have children).
- Its excellent design allows you to lift and lower the basket while the lid is closed.
- Compared to other competing models that required 12 cups of hot oils, you'll just need 8 with this one. You'll also love the fact that you won't have to clean your kitchen after each use: the Hamilton Beach lid contains superbly all splatters that may happen with any other deep fryer.
Ideal for a large family of 3 or 4, this durable Hamilton beach consumer appliance is a high-quality deep fryer at a fair price. Happy customers are using it for years saying that it still performs well.
Best Large Capacity - Presto Stainless Steel Immersion Element Deep Fryer (05466 )
Designed with dual baskets, the Presto Stainless Steel Immersion Element Deep Fryer (05466) has such a large capacity that you can fry up to 5lb of food.
- Incredibly convenient for a family of 6, you'll be able to cook a huge quantity of food saving you cooking time. Sold with two small baskets, you can fry two different types of food at the same time. However, if you want to use the large stainless steel single frying basket, you'll have to buy it separately.
- This roomy machine takes approximately twenty minutes to heat up. But you'll be pleased that once it's hot, it will maintain the temperature at the same level. Several customers checked themselves the oil temperature with their own thermometer and were impressed with the accuracy of the device.
- Also, you may experience the lid to warp because of the heat. This situation is well explained in the booklet, which clarifies that it will return to its initial position once cooled. According to reviewers, this is not exactly the case because they still can see that the lid is buckled. They say however that this does not stop the top to fit anyway.
- Of course, large capacity means also a large storage space. Some reviewers say that this is quite challenging to store their Presto Stainless Steel in their kitchen.
All in all, this frying device is an excellent choice if you have a big family (and a big kitchen). If not, you'll maybe find that this spacious deep fryer is a bit too large for home use.
Best Easy To Clean - Tfal FR8000 Oil Filtration Deep Dryer
The Tfal FR8000 Oil Filtration is rated the top easy to clean deep fryer.
All of its components are dishwafer safe (except heating elements), making the cleaning process very easy. For such an appliance, this feature should not be overlooked. I will also add that:
- You can completely remove the oil pan from the device which is quite convenient. Be carefull with it though since it has sharp edges that can cut you easily.
- You can't wash the heating elements but you just have to immerse them in water.
- Its patented oil filtration system allows to filter the cooled oil for storage. This system works extremely well: Tfal FR8000 automatically filters all small food particles, leaving you with an oil that you can use again and again. Very conveniant and economical. But the best part is that this system allows also to not leave a "cooked food" smell for days, leaving your kitchen smelling fresh.
- It also comes with excellent complementary features such as: the rubber seals on the lid. They permit to keep steam and oil from splattering everywhere when used. Also, the window on the lid lets you view the content. This way you can check the browning of your food.
Overall, this deep fryer is perfect if you hate changing and getting hands into dirty oil.
Best Multi-Basket - Secura 1700-Watt Stainless-Steel Triple Basket Electric Deep Fryer
The Secura 1700-Watt Triple Basket Deep Fryer is your best option if you want to fry several dishes simultaneously.
- This practical device is equipped with 3 baskets: 2 small baskets that you can place next to each other to fry a small quantity of a different type of food. Or a single large basket to deep fry a large quantity of French fries, for instance.
- Besides, when cooking a large amount of food, you won't have to worry about any smell: the charcoal filter of its cover is just ideal for controlling any unpleasant frying food scent coming out from the device.
- The Secrura large cover's handle is also a convenient feature since you'll be able to take the cover out and replace it without risks of any splatters or hot oil burns. Also, the basket holder allows you to drain the oil from your food after your frying session.
- Finally, even if this model doesn't have an oil filtering system compared to its competitors, reviewers say this is easy to pour the used oil back to its original bottle. Indeed, this oil container of this deep fryer is so lightweight and easily maneuverable that the oil recovery process is straightforward.
As a final word, this large multi-basket design will seduce you if you want to gain time and fry several meals at the same time and for a small price. This is the perfect kitchen appliance if you're going to invite some friends for dinner, mainly because buyers say that the results are excellent - just like in the restaurant.
What To Look For When Buying A Deep Fryer
The performance of a deep fryer you’re looking to buy is an important factor. Make sure your product works well and fries your food to your desired taste.
- It should deliver supreme crispiness with no problem.
- You should also consider how quickly and easily you’d like your food to be fried.
- Finally, the overall experience is quick, clean, easy and most importantly, tasty.
Before buying a deep dryer, you should also consider how convenient the deep fryer is.
- More precisely, you should think about your storage and counter space. Think also about would you carry it around often. If so, you might want to consider getting a lighter product.
- Also, when it comes to convenience you want to get a food appliance with parts that are dishwasher safe.
- Another feature that’s very practical is the light indicator that will inform you when the oil is ready. That way you can be sure you’re food frying experience will be easy and quick.
Unlike air fryers, you need to be sure to find the safest kitchen appliance possible.
The best way to insure your safety is getting a deep fryer with cool sides such as Hamilton Beach Professional. Consider cool sides or at least cool handles to prevent burning yourself.
In addition, some feature the ability to lower and lift food without opening the lid.
The viewing window also helps with safety because it allows you to keep an eye on the process without lifting up the lid. This way, you prevent oil from splattering and possibly burning you.
Warranty And Support
Warranty and customer support are deal makers as well as deal breakers. Luckily, most of manufacturers offer at least 1 year warranty on their products.
Naturally, the price sometimes has to do with the warranty of the product.
But be aware that the warranties don’t cover misuse, abuse and intentional breakage of the deep fryer.
If, by any chance, you request customer service you won’t have a problem getting it from the product manufacturer or Amazon. That means, the companies will replace and fix parts that need service, if used accordingly.