This is my ultimate review of the 9 best air fryers.
In this review, I'll share:
- My top picks and the reasons why I choose them
- Special benefits and downsides of each product
- Lots more
So, if you’re looking to cook your food with moving air that’s hot rather than grease and oil, then check out this list of top air fryers.
Best Overall - Philips Air Fryer (HD9220-26)
The Philips Original Air Fryer is a top rated air fryer thanks to its abilities to cook food at perfection, making it crisp on the outside and tender in the center.
Gordon Ramsay even endorsed this excellent air fryer.
- Featuring a 28oz frying basket that is placed in a convenient pull-out drawer, it has a good capacity for a small family . Unlike deep fryers, the Philips air fryer can cook healthier food with up to 75% less fat at 360 degrees. Besides, the starfish design circulates the air around the top, sides, and bottom, making sure that French fries and chicken wings are cooked evenly.
- This convenient kitchen appliance features analog dials with audible alerts that let you know when food is completed. And it also turns off automatically when the food is ready.
- Bonus: a 150 recipes cookbook is included.
However, some users complaints about the size of the basket that they consider too small. Other report that this appliance is also quite difficult to clean: you have to clean each components separately, which can take you some time.
Overall, and even if it's a tad pricey, customers are very pleased with this performant air fryer. Using it everyday, they can enjoy the taste of oil-less junk food, making it one of their best purchase or investment ever.
Best Budget - Avalon Bay Air Fryer
If you want to cook food for a large quantity but at a sweet price, this Avalon Bay Air Fryer has you covered.
This attractively-priced device can hold more than 2.65 quarts and has the ability to cook at temperatures that range from 200-400 degrees. You’ll love the greaseless potato skins, ribs steack, grilled cheese or even pumkin!
- Like most of its competitors, the Avalon uses a rapid air circulation technology that cooks the food by making winds within the unit. This means that this kind of kitchen appliance "fries" food at the same temperature throughout the time. Just like a restaurant oven would cook but in small portions (and at a very inexpensive price).
- The machine uses 1400 watts of power and comes with a detachable basket so that you can easily transfer foods. Also, you will find stable rubber feet for convenient counter placement and security. Along with this cheap machine, you will also get a 52-page cookbook.
- But sweet price means sometimes less functionality. Unlike digital models, you can't adjust the temperture yourself. If you take a look at the thermostat, you'll notice that there are just 4 temperatures choice: 80, 120, 160, 200. Good point is that you don't need to precise to cook delicious oil-less meal.
Besides, most reviewers have nothing but excellent feedback to say about the air fryer. However, one major complaint is that the inside of this wallet-friendly fryer got rusty after only a few uses/washes.
Overall, if you’re looking for a budget air fryer, this would be a good option. There are many features of the machine that are convenient for a small budget. If you can get past the bad reviews, you’ll enjoy this budget air fryer.
Best Digital Wi-Fi Connected - COSORI Smart Wi-Fi Air Fryer
This high tech COSORI air fryer fries perfectly food using a preheating functionality, completely absent in other competitive models.
- Compatible with Alexa and connected to the Wi-Fi, the Cosory enables you to plan your meals. You don't have Alexa voice command? Not a problem. You can still use the Wi-fi and the app VeSync to schedule your meal prep up to 4 hours in advance. Besides, the VeSync app lists more than 100 recipes at the start (and then, you'll get updates on a weekly basis).
- Also, it features a non stick ultra large 5.8-qt sq. basket that allow you to prepare multiple foods together at once.
- On this revolutionnary fryer you'll find dual control with 11 presets. You can either connect this technologic air fryer to the app that automatically adjusts the device for you making cooking super easy. Or use the manual 11 presets and adjust yourself temperature and time if you want to cook particular food. Please note however that unlike the presets modes, the manual option doesn't warn you when it's time to turn food.
- Reviewers report that everything is easy: easy to clean thanks to its dishwasher safe basket and easy to operate thanks to the preset mode.
One of the major complaints about this gadget-friendly model is that the app asks for permissions to access to the content of your phone. There are also complaints of faulty touch controls (including power button) resulting in an impossibility to use this technical air fryer.
Overall, reviewers say that this device is a lifechanger and that the customer service is amazing. If you're a geek or a huge fan of connectivity and needs to gain times by planing your meals, then consider the COSORI Air Fryer. This machine does most of what one of those expensive machines can do, even more thanks to its connectivity and preheating option.
Best For Large Meals - Secura Air Fryer
The Secura Air Fryer can hold a whopping 4.2 quart or 4 liters making it perfect to prepare large meals.
- Using a combinaison of rapid hot air and high-speed air circulation, called the "hot air cooking" method, this large capacity device can cook for a large crowd in no time.
- It also comes with a grill allowing you to cook "the best grilled cheese ever" according to users.
- The second dial has an up to sixty-minute timer with an auto-standby feature and will automatically go into this mode the second the food is done cooking.
- You can alter the temperature with the control from 180-390 degrees, allowing you to cook a huge variety of foods. Also, the light indicates when this big air fryer is up to temp for cooking.
- This smart massive device warns you every 5 minutes to shake the rack, permitting your food to fry evenly.
- Also I recommend not to overfill the container, or you'll twice the time to fry your French fries.
However, There have been a lot of complaints because this air fryer stopped working just after several months of use. Also, other reviewers say that the design is too basic.
All-in-all, the Della Air Fryer is one of the best large capacity machines that you could buy. Besides, it comes at a decently affordable price and gets the job done just like more expensive models.
Best Versatile - Breville Convection and Air Fryer Smart Oven (BOV900BSS )
There are many different ways to cook in this Breville Convection And Air Fryer Smart Oven that it makes it a great versatile option.
- The multi-tasker Breville Air Fryer uses super convection technology to cook crispy and delicious foods that are healthy to eat. Thanks to its 2 speed convection fan, you can roast and dehydrate fruit or beef jerky, and up to 4 trays. You can also use other cooking functions such as: broil, bake, proof, reheat, toast, warm, slow cook, pizza, bagel and cookies.
- Furthermore, this functional air fryer includes a huge 1 cubic feet interior, where you can roast a 14lb turkey without touching the oven walls.
- This smart device has an LCD screen where you can use adjust the 13 evoked functions.
- A real plus is that you can also bake delicious pies and cookies in this air fryer and convection oven combo. This is not necessarily the case of other kitchen device.
There’s a lot of love for this multitasking machine, however, there are some bad eggs. There have been many negative reviews about the control panel that were breaking down. To correct the shot, the manufacturer added a cooling fan to ensure the panel don't get overheated. They also extended the warranty from 1 year to 2 years of coverage.
And even if this appliance doesn't come with a recipe book and is expensive, if you want to stop accumulating kitchen appliance, you'll love this all-purpose Breville.
Best Pressure Cooker Air Fryer Combo - Ninja OP301 Foodi 9-in-1 Air Fryer
The Philips Air Fryer HD9220/28 is very similar to the HD9220/26. This is the most sought out air fryer available right now because of how easy it is to use and the price. This fryer offers a great analog experience for users and is a great option for your next kitchen appliance. When compared to the HD9240/94, it does almost the same things, but you will pay so much more for that one than the Philips Original.
The Philips Air Fryer features dial controls that allow you to adjust the temperature and adjust the time for up to thirty minutes. With this comes good cooking results. You can cook anything from chicken to fish and chips. Your food will be crispy on the outside and tender on the inside with 75% less fat. With this product, you will get a 28oz frying basket and a recipe book with 10+ recipes (it actually has over 150). This unit has 100% taste satisfaction and there have been more than eight million units sold.
Most of the Amazon Reviews love the way the product works, but they do not like the design of the unit. They don’t like the size of it and they complain that it is noisy. They have also mentioned that the cooker doesn’t cook the food like it’s supposed to.
Just like the original Philips Air Fryer, this one is a great buy. It does the job that it is supposed to do and cooks food wonderfully. It is a good value and should be a contender for your next kitchen appliance.
The Black & Decker Air Fryer is a great option for an air frying device. It’s just a tad less pricey than the Philips fryer and has come in on our list as the runner-up for best budget.
The Black & Decker device has a 2L or 8 cup large capacity basket for frying all of your favorite foods while cutting back on the fat. The air frying basket is dishwasher friendly, making the cleanup process a snap. Not only that, but the basket is non-stick, making it easier to wash if you don’t have a dishwasher.
The cooking element of the Black & Decker combines heat with a dual fan convection system. This helps to circulate the warm air around the food for crispness on the outside and tenderness on the inside. The variable temperature control component and lights let you know when it is up to temperature. You can cook from 175-400 degrees and as soon as temperature is reached, the other lights will turn off.
For the most part, most users agree that this machine is ideal for cooking all of your favorite fried foods. However, there have been some complaints about faulty components of the machine. The plastic cracks, metal peels off of the basket, and the fan starts to make a horrible noise.
If you want a budget machine that cooks all of your favorite fried dishes, this would be a good option for you. The positive reviews definitely outweigh the negatives, making it more attractive for purchase.
Are you looking for the best of the best in terms of money? The T-Fal ActiFry come in on our list as the best splurge buy. Why? It’s one of the most expensive on the list! With this machine, you won’t have an issue flipping over food with the paddle that is built-in. This machine is definitely more expensive than the Philips and the Black and Decker, but does it give you the same features and conveniences? We shall see.
As we mentioned earlier, the T-Fal has a convenient flipping feature with the paddle. This ensures that you don’t burn your pretty hand when you flip the food. The device is very simple to use and it’s well-designed. You can set the timer on the digital board for a max out time of 99-minutes. The temperature dial on the fryer reaches 338 degrees. This convenient digital board allows you to both set how long you cook for and the temperature you cook at with just the push of a button. There’s also an on/off button as well.
The T-Fal allows you to cook all of your favorite foods with only one tablespoon of oil with a 2.2lb capacity. There’s also a removable ceramic-coated pan that’s also non-stick for your convenience and easy cleaning. The exterior of the machine also remains cool to touch while you cook. Along with the machine, you will also get a cookbook with 38 recipes, a measuring spoon, and dishwasher-safe parts for easy cleanup.
The positive reviews definitely outweigh the negatives, but there have been complaints about a piece of metal falling out and into the basket both before and after cooking. It also has a problem getting to max temperature.
If you want to splurge on a product, we suggest this one. It has a ton of features and a very simple to use interface. This machine is great for cooking all of your favorite foods and you don’t even have to feel guilty about it.
GoWise best rotisserie
If you’re looking for a product that is both affordable and versatile, then consider the GoWise Air Fryer. This company’s air fryers, this one specifically, is the fourth version. With the GoWise, you can cook your favorite foods without building up the calories. It works by using rapid air technology. The hot air circulates around the food, cooking it perfectly on both the inside and the outside.
GoWise Air Fryer has an easy-to-use digital interface that lets you adjust the temperature, cooking time, and will shut off when frying is complete. There are also eight presets that you can use to manually warm fries, chicken, steak, shrimp, pork, fish, cake, and more. It’s all so very easy to use. The GoWise will beep five times to alert you that your delicious food is completed.
With the purchase of the GoWise, you will get a recipe book with 50 recipes that are specifically designed for the product. You can make breakfast, lunch, dinner, and dessert. The inside parts are removable for dishwasher-safe cleanup, making the process a lot easier.
Most users are very fond of the product, but there have been some complaints about it not working anymore after about a month or so.
If you’re looking for a versatile machine that can cook all of your favorite foods without a fuss, then consider the GoWise. It does a lot of cooking and has a lot of features for under $100.