It’s no secret that everyone loves chicken wings.
This is crazy…
…Since it’s fried food!
Indeed, it’s not always the healthiest option and this is something you should give a good thought to.
But it gets better THANKS to air fryer chicken wings recipes.
In today’s world, we care about our health much more than ever. Also, we pay attention to what we’re eating and how it affects our health.
Preparing chicken wings in an air fryer allows you to have the amazing taste and texture of crispy chicken wings without all the oil.
If you want to know what the best air fryer chicken wings recipes are and how to prepare them…
But first, let’s revise our basics. What is an Air Fryer and what can you cook in?
What Is Air Fryer And What Can You Cook With It?
Air fryers use no oil to prepare food like chicken wings, french fries, etc.
Most of the time, air fryers use hot air that circulates, frying the food to your preference. Naturally, there’re many air fryers to choose from, different sizes, features, and power.
Most importantly, frying food without oil improves your health, lowers the chances of cholesterol and heart disease, and helps you lose weight. Of course, preparing food such as chicken wings in an air fryer and without oil is very easy to do.
With our help and this article, find the right recipe and follow it to achieve the supreme taste.
Air Fryer Chicken Wings Recipes
If you’re looking for some ideas on how to prepare chicken wings in your air fryer, we have a few.
And it gets better!
All you need to do is choose one recipe to start with and invite your friends and family to try the delicious outcome. The process is easy and it takes very little time.
In fact, once you try our best-baked buffalo wings recipe you’ll want more. The list of recipes goes a long way and options are limitless.
The best thing about these recipes is that they’re prepared with very little or no oil. Of course, that’s way better for your health than eating deep-fried chicken wings at a restaurant.
Ultimately, making chicken wings at home is easy, healthy, and leaves no mess behind. Without further ado, here are our favorite air fryer chicken wings recipes.
#1 – Baked Buffalo Wings – Most popular
Buffalo chicken wings may be one of the most popular chicken wings ever.
Of course, finding a good recipe is not always easy, especially because, in an air fryer, these chicken wings are prepared without oil. With this recipe, you’ll achieve the taste of Buffalo chicken wings at home, in no time.
- Chicken wings
- Self-raising flour
- ½ cup Frank’s Hot Sauce
- ½ cup butter
- 1 tsp salt
- First, preheat your air fryer to 180°C. You can use the De’Longhi Air Fryer for this recipe.
- Then, take your chicken wings and cut the tip-off. Since you don’t need that, you can freely discard it.
- Also, we suggest you make two pieces by cutting at the center joint.
- Now that you’ve done that, put the chicken wings in a medium/large bowl and coat them with flour and salt.
- Next, transfer the chicken wings to the basket of your air fryer and shake very well. Now, place the basket in the air fryer at 180°C for 25 minutes. It’s important to shake the chicken wings every 5 minutes.
- Notice that it takes them 25 minutes to become golden brown, though, you can keep them inside for a little longer if you want your chicken wings really crispy.
- Finally, make the sauce. Simply, melt the butter on medium heat and mix with the Frank’s Hot Sauce.
- Remove the chicken wings from the basket and into a large bowl. Pour the sauce over the chicken wings and give them a good mix.
- Of course, serve them on a plate with Blue Cheese dressing and celery sticks to complete the taste.
#2 – Honey Barbecue Chicken Wings – This is My Favorite!
Honey BBQ chicken wings are flavorful, crispy, and juicy. Of course, they’re easy to make and we promise you that everyone will love them. These chicken wings are special and different because of honey.
The sweet and salty combination makes the taste supreme. Here’s how to make them at home.
- Chicken wings
- Salt & pepper
- ½ cup of flour
- BBQ sauce of your choice
- Preheat the air fryer to 180°C.
- Cut the chicken wings into three pieces. Again, discard the tip of the wings.
- Place them in a blow and mix with flour, salt, and pepper. Of course, to make sure they’re well coated, give them a good mix.
- Place the chicken wings in the basket of your air fryer and cook for 8 minutes.
- Shake the basket and cook for another 5 minutes at 200°C to achieve the crispiness.
- Mix the bbq sauce with honey and paint the wings with a cooking brush. Cook for 5 more minutes at 180°C.
- Give the chicken wings a good shake and coat them with the sauce again. Now cook them for 3 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy
#3 – Marinated Chicken Wings
Another delicious recipe to try if you’re craving crispy and mildly spicy chicken wings.
Marinated chicken wings are always a great choice if you have a little extra time. Make sure to start in time, leaving those extra 60 minutes for the marinating process.
In addition, although this recipe includes oil, most of it is left behind since you don’t need a lot. Let’s get started.
- Chicken wings
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 tsp hot paprika, or sweet paprika
- Pepper & salt
- Preheat your Power XL Air fryer to 200°C.
- Mix ½ cup of olive oil, paprika, salt, and pepper in a bowl.
- Add the chicken wings to the mixture and let them marinate for about 30-60 minutes.
- Put the chicken wings in a basket and set the timer of your air fryer to 12 minutes.
- Now shake the basket to allow the chicken wings to cook from all sides. Also, set the timer to another 8 minutes.
- Remove the chicken wings from the basket and serve on a plate.
#4 – Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings
If you love the taste of garlic, you’ll love this recipe.
Actually, the combination of parmesan cheese and garlic will make you fall in love with chicken wings made this way. Most importantly, the recipe is quick and easy to make and of course, it requires no oil.
- 2 pounds of frozen chicken wings
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup butter
- 2 minces garlic cloves
- 1 tsp rosemary
- 1 tsp oregano
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp paprika
- Preheat your T-Fal Actifry air fryer to 200°C.
- Fry the chicken wings for 24 minutes. Of course, to make sure all chicken wings are cooked evenly, shake the basket during the process.
- For the sauce, melt the butter and add garlic. Cook on medium heat for a couple of minutes.
- Mix the spices and herbs together and add them to the sauce.
- When chicken wings are cooked, pour the sauce over them.
- Top everything with parmesan cheese, serve and enjoy.
#5 – Dry Rub Chicken Wings – The easiest!
This may be the simplest recipe for air fried chicken wings.
If you’re looking for a tender, spicy, and easy to make fried chicken wings, these are the perfect fit. The chili, garlic, and pepper make a great team in this recipe.
No doubt, your friends and family will love wings by this recipe and you’ll probably have to make it often.
- Chicken wings (14 pieces)
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp black pepper
- Mix the garlic powder, chili powder, salt, and pepper in a bowl.
- Add the chicken wings and mix until they’re all coated.
- Put your wings in the basket of an air fryer and cook at 180°C for 15 minutes.
- Make sure to shake the basket a few times during the cooking process.
- Again, cook at 180°C for 5 minutes.
- Serve hot.
If you want to discover more Air Fryer recipes, we recommend you our 15 Awesome Air Fryer Free Recipes to Kickstart Your Day.
We hope you love our choices for the best air fryer chicken wings recipes. As we said, air frying is a great alternative to deep frying.
Speaking of deep-frying, you may want to know the differences between Air Fryers and Deep Fryers!
Fried chicken wings are by far the most popular air fryer recipe. No doubt, there are many ways to prepare chicken wings in an air fryer. From hot and spicy, to garlic or parmesan coated, chicken wings are delicious and very easy to make.
Have you tried frying chicken wings in an air fryer? What recipe did you like the best? What’s your opinion on frying without oil? Please let us know and feel free to comment in the section below.